I am best known for my country quilts and have a great passion for simple quilts from the past.
Art School 2 year pre-diploma course followed by a further 2 years study at The London College of Fashion.
I served on The Quilters’ Guild executive committee for seven years.
- Young Quilter Officer 3 years
- International Officer 4 years
I have many years of experience in quilt making. My teaching has taken me all over the U.K. and to mainland Europe.
- Quilt Expo in Innsbruck Expo VI and Strasbourg Expo V11 (Teacher)
- 1998 / 2000 / 2003 The Patchwork Carrefour Européen in Alsace (Teacher)
- 1996 Presented the focus for the Quilters' Guild at Quilt Expo VIII Lyon France
- 1997 The Quilters' Guild exchange in Rastede, Germany (Teacher)
- 2000 Solo exhibition of my quilts and classes at the Festival de Patchwork Traditionnel, Briançon, France
- 2005 Osthammar, Sweden (Teacher)
- 2005 Solo exhibition at the Hever Castle quilt show.
- 2007 Joint exhibition “Rags to Riches” at Denbies Vineyard, Dorking
- 2007 The Swedish Quilters’ Guild AGM weekend in Sweden ( Invited Lecturer and Teacher)
- 2009 May. Solo exhibition at Loch Lomond Quilt Show .
- Course teacher on several residential courses at “La Maison du Patchwork” in France.
- 2012 July. Exhibition of my quilts at Quilt Expo Viville / St Médard (16120) France
- 2014 March. The Quilters' Guild of Ireland, Annual Retreat, Dublin. (Tutor)
- 2014 April The Quilters' Guild of the British Isles AGM and Conference weekend, Portsmouth (Tutor and Lecturer)
- 2014 Exhibition of my quilts at Viville (16120) France
I have contributed to a number of books many have been translated into other languages:
- “Quick Quilts to Make in a Weekend” (1996) published by New Holland
- “The Weekend Quilter” (1997) published by New Holland
- “Quick and EasyProjects for The Weekend Quilter” (2002) published by New Holland
- “Quick, Colourful Quilts” (2003) published by New Holland
My work is included in Kaffe Fassett’s “Caravan of Quilts” (2004)
I have also written various articles about my quilts for British and American magazines.